Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Lambs, Pilgrims, & Floods.

Weekend in Christchurch.


On Saturday, we had a fun girls night with Amanda at her cute little house in Diamond Harbor. Spent the evening playing with her lambs (which sadly her and Shannon will be eating soon), watching movies, and consuming way too much cheese and red wine.
After sleeping in on Sunday, we started the day off with a walk around the coast of the harbor and then spent the rest of the day at the Vandertie's celebrating Thanksgiving with all their wonderful friends. Lynn even organized a play for everyone to act out which turned out to be quite necessary because when a couple Kiwis asked me what Thanksgiving was all about.... I didn't know how to explain it besides food comas and football. Yikes. Now, thanks to my leading role and memorable performance as "Girl Pilgrim #2", I will have a more sophisticated answer next time I'm asked about elementary American history.
Beautiful weekend but on Monday morning we ran into a flash flood on Lewis Pass, causing us to go 4 hours out of our way to get home. We were pretty unhappy at first but got to drive on some new roads and see a lot of the eastern coast.
Rainy week here in Murchison...clear rivers are beginning to look like chocolate milk.

1 comment:

  1. PILGRIM #2 I love this!! So jealous of your thanksgiving, make sure to get in on that lambie stew

    ReplyDelete